So I am very excited to say that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! Don’t know what that is? I didn’t either! It’s basically a way for bloggers to praise other new bloggers for their awesomeness and spread the word, bring awareness, and help each other!
I was nominated by the wonderful Kristen with thebeautyglamazon.com
Thank you so much girl!! xoxo
So let us begin with the 11 questions my nominator came up with for me to answer for all you beautiful people :)
1. When it comes to getting ready, are you high maintenance, low maintenance or no maintenance?
I would say I’m fairly low maintenance compared to some girls that put on an intense full face of makeup (including faux lashes), have extensions, perfectly coif their hair, etc.
I would have to say that overall, I’m probably in the middle somewhere. Totally depends on where I’m going, what I’m doing, etc. also lol
2. What is the one step in your beauty routine that you absolutely cannot skip?
Washing my face before bed! My face will trip out if I don’t. You really shouldn’t skip this anyway because it’s so important to cleanse your face of all the dirt and other unpleasantness that accumulates on your face during the day.
3. What is your holy grail product that I absolutely must try?
Oh my gosh… There are so many awesome products out there, but I would have to say that Philosophy’s Hope in a Jar moisturizer has been a life-saver for me. It was one of Oprah’s favorite things (I had already been using it, but it just justifies the awesomeness). It’s just super light & creamy, makes my face feel amazing, and keeps my face nice and hydrated.
4. What is your signature look?
Hmmm.. I guess my signature look would be something simple, neutral, and feminine. I don’t like to look like I have a bunch of makeup on. I like my makeup soft and pretty. I’ve been wanting to do a YouTube tutorial on my daily makeup. So stay tuned ;)
5. Spring, summer, autumn or winter?
I love the Spring. Flowers blooming, not too hot. Luckily not too much rain here in Cali haha I love Summer too tho. Time for fun! There’s always so much going on and tons of fashion and makeup debuting. Love it :)
6. Who is your favourite beauty YouTuber?
I haven’t surfed around YouTube enough to have seen a WHOLE lot of beauty bloggers, but my current favorites are Michelle Phan & Bunny with grav3yardgirl. I’ve been watching Michelle for a long, long time since before she turned big and she’s still (if not more) amazing. Bunny (grav3yardgirl) is simply unique & hilarious. Her videos are always entertaining and she gives her absolute honest opinion about products.
7. Why did you decide to start your blog?
I LOVE trying new products and giving people fashion & beauty advice. This is truly my passion!
8. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
I’m not sure about this one. There are things I could say, but at the same time, obviously I don’t feel that guilty about it since I keep doing it haha Watching trashy tv, eating horribly, spending too much money on Starbucks… I’m gona keep doing it! haha
9. If you could switch lives with a celebrity, who would it be and why?
I have noooo clue. I don’t know if I would really want to be a celebrity to be honest. No privacy and so much other crap that goes along with it. But if I did, I would probably switch with a famous stylist or beauty blogger. Something that still helps people and has amazing perks, but not something where my personal life is all out in the open.
10. What are some of your current favorites (makeup, songs, food, anything!)?
Makeup: Covergirl Lash Blast mascara, Becca Mineral Blush in Sweetpea, Smashbox Soft Lights in Chic Copper
I don’t know the names of the songs I love cuz they’re on a cd that my friend made me lol SORRY
Food: carnitas & al pastor tacos.. that’s my stuff right now
11. What is something you are hoping to achieve in the next 5 years?
Simply having a career in the fashion/beauty industry. Growing my following on here and on YouTube. Doing more and more of what I love! And finding the love of my life & starting a family of course :)
OK!! So here are the rules for the award nominees!!
You must link back to the person who nominated you; You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you. You must pick 11 nominees with under 2000 followers to answer your 11 questions; You cannot nominate the person who nominated you; You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
Good luck, nominees!! I’m so glad that I was given this opportunity and that I can give it to you as well!
Here are my picks:
Rachel’s Beauty Bites // Sarah Loves Makeup // NaturallyKamdyn // Alexis Marie
ChantelleStreet Blog // Tiadore Style // Beauty Fashion Fun // The Crystal Chronicles
Jess Does Makeup // Living Disrobed // For Vanity’s Sake
I hope you will all take part in this! Took me about a week to get to it, but here it is! And now, here are the 11 questions I have for you lovelies:
1. What is a tip that you would give other aspiring bloggers?
2. What is a makeup brand that you’ve consistently enjoyed & bought more of?
3. What inspires you (in blogging, life, etc)?
4. If you could interview one celebrity about fashion/beauty, who would it be?
5. If your blog could be sponsored by any fashion or beauty brand, which one would it be?
6. What’s the worst experience with a beauty product you have ever had?
7. If you could go to one major fashion event, which one would you go to?
8. If you could be besties with one celebrity, who would it be?
9. What is your favorite piece of clothing at the moment?
10. If you had to wear one style of shoes for the rest of your life, which would it be (wedges, flip-flops, heels, etc)?
11. Where do you want blogging to take you in the future?
Thank you again to Kristen for nominating me, and thank you to all the people I nominated just for being awesome :)
Now, have at it!